8.30.2011

The Fever

I'm taking a break from the 10 Days of You posts, because I've been struck with The Fever. That's right, baby fever. We aren't planning on having kids for a few more years, but I have been wanting a baby so badly lately!!

Our Pre-Baby Stipulations

1. I have to graduate with SOME kind of degree first. Preferably nursing.

2. I have to find a good job with said degree.

3. Brandon will be out of the Marine Corps with no threat of deployment anymore.

4. He finishes his degree and also has a good job.

5. We will have a bigger place, preferably an actual house.

6. I just feel we need more "us" time before a baby comes.

All this puts us as ready as we would ever be for a baby, when I'm about 26 and he's 27. That doesn't seem really "old" to be having a baby, it just seems so far away from now. I know the wait will be well worth it if we're more prepared and financially stable. I have this fear from losing my mom, though. My mom had my brother when she was 20, me when she was 33. She passed away when she was just 52 and I was 19. I just want as much time with my children as possible. I don't want something like that to happen with my children. Who knows what the future holds; I certainly don't. That thought is just always in the back of my mind! Plus, I have a baby nephew and my friends have babies and now my kids are going to be way younger than all of them! :/

On a happier note, I guess I'll just keep playing with these little guys until it's time for me to have one of my own!

My nephew, Mitch!

Brandon's friends' son, Ethan! He didn't like his hat very much!

Kelly's son, Javion!



No comments:

Post a Comment