1.02.2011

Hungry Jack Casserole Recipe!


I mentioned a few posts ago that I want to learn how to cook more stuff and expand my recipe collection! Well I got this recipe from a fellow Marine wife and I thought I'd share it with you all! All *50* of my followers!! Yay!! This casserole is super easy to make, affordable and VERY yummy!!

Start out by browning a pound of lean ground beef.

These are the next ingredients you'll mix in with the ground beef. The recipe also calls for a tsp. of minced onion. I couldn't find it at the store, so I left it out. I'm not crazy about onions anyway, so I thought it tasted fine without it. If you like onions, go for it!

My quality control inspector verifying the ingredients.

And begging for the attention I was paying to the cooking!

Alright, now you'll add...
3/4 c. Kraft BBQ sauce
1 15 or 16 oz. can of pork and beans
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
Stir until combined and heat until bubbly!

Next, you'll pour the contents of the pan into a casserole dish. I used a deep 8x8 glass Pyrex dish and it fit nicely!
Then you'll take a container of canned biscuits and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese and top the casserole.

Just cut them up and arrange them the way they fit best.

And top with the cheese!

Bake at 350 degrees, until the biscuits are done! It only took mine about 15 minutes.
Here's my result:



It was super yummy and I'll definitely be making it again soon! Here's a link to the recipe if you'd like to print it!


No comments:

Post a Comment